Learn how to lightweight your part by using the Shell and Fill Custom Block Toolkit and learn how to:
- Import a part
- Convert a CAD body to an Implicit body
- Use Custom Block Toolkits
- Use Boolean Operations
Toolkits: A Toolkit is a collection of Custom Blocks created by nTop that are downloaded with the program. You can tell a block is a Custom Block by two parallel lines on the left of the block. If you want to see how this block works, right-click on it and select 'Export'. Open up the exported file to see the Notebook saved within.
1. Add an Import Part block to bring your geometry into the program.
2. Once imported, double click on the different bodies to Convert CAD Body to Implicit Body.
3. Use the Shell and Volume Lattice toolkit to easily create a lightweight part.
4. Boolean Subtract the smaller body from the main, lightweight, part.
And there you go! If you’ve followed the instructions in this video, you should now have a shelled and filled part. Now, you’ll be able to easily lightweight a part using toolkits.
If you still have questions our support team would be happy to help you.
Thanks for watching!