Learn how to use the Field Viewer.
The Field Viewer, located in the View menu, enables you to preview the values of Implicits and Real Fields.
Read more about the Field Viewer in the Documentation by going to Help > Documentation in nTop.
The Field-Viewer, using a plane in space, displays the distance field from the model’s boundary in the form of radiating white lines. Follow along in nTop:
- Add a Sphere.
- Go to the View tab on the menu bar and then select Field Viewer.
- A floating window will appear in the viewport.
- Select the object to analyze by typing the name of the block into the Object input.
- Adjust the location of the Field Viewer, the resolution of the field, and the millimeter spacing at which the field is sampled.
Instead of loading the Field-Viewer from the View tab, click on the block whose field you want to view and press the hotkey “F”.
- How can I see the inside of my part?
- What is the Notebook and how do I use blocks?
- What is the difference between Duplicate with References and Duplicate?