Debossing an image
- Import Bitmap
- Map Bitmap to Plane
1. Get started with importing your image (png) file using the Import Bitmap block (this block is a beta block)
- Add a Map Bitmap to Plane block
- Insert the Import Bitmap block in the Bitmap field
- Create a Plane
- Choose your Interpolation type, Length, and Width
2. Drag a Scalar Field (Alpha, Blue, Grayscale, Green, Hue, and Red) chip from the Planar Image_1's properties panel into the Notebook. The chosen field is what will be debossed in further steps.
3. Create the geometry for the image to be debossed into
- Add Box of Length 10mm, Width 10mm, and Height 2mm
4. Deboss the image
- Add Offset Body
- Insert Ramp in the Distance field
- Scalar field: Grayscale Values
- In min: 0
- In max: 1
- Out min: 0mm
- Out max: 0.2mm
- Continuity: Geometric (CO)
5. Boolean operation to remove the excess material and combine it with our initial geometry
And that’s it! You’ve successfully debossed your image
Are you still having issues? Contact the support team, and we’ll be happy to help!
in many times, "Field" terms are widely used. What is the exact meaning of "Field" ?
Hey Jun, you can learn more about Fields here: https://support.ntopology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060154613-501
Please sign in to leave a comment.