nTop 4.15 is here! This release features our new Surface Plot block. You can now visualize data directly on their implicit bodies. Scroll down to see example use cases and read about other updates and usage improvements. As with every release, nTop's dedicated support team is ready to answer your questions. Please visit support.ntop.com to gain access to helpful tutorials and support articles.
- Surface Plot (Beta) block is used to shade implicit bodies with any scalar field, either user-defined or imported from an external source. You can visualize data directly on their implicit bodies to investigate metrics such as performance and manufacturability. You can also use the combination of the section cut feature with this block to visualize results within the implicit bodies.
- Shading implicit bodies with simulation results, pore sizes of lattice structures, and overhang locations are typical use cases for this block.
- Block Name: Surface Plot
- Location: Beta > Utilities
- Description: A shaded view of a Scalar Field on a Body.
- Body: Implicit Body to contour.
- Value: Values to plot on Body.
- Output: Surface Plot
- Tab returns a constant text value of a single Tab character.
- Tab can be used in text parsing workflows.
- Block Name: Tab
- Location: Utilities > General
- Description: Returns a single Tab character.
- We made the Block Details flyout window taller and consolidated the headers of the Properties tab to give you even more space to view the property tree.
- We added a Learn More link containing more If-Else documentation in the Right Side Panel Information section. We updated the icon of If-Else to be more visually consistent.
- We added a Learn More link for the Mesh Quality block with detailed explanations for each quality metric reported by the block.
- We fixed an issue where list-processed Custom Blocks containing many warnings would freeze the nTop application.
- We fixed an issue with being unable to reference elements of a Group if it was a notebook input.
- We fixed an issue with the Right Side Panel being scrollable while empty.
- We fixed an issue with the Import CFD Analysis Result block that caused nTop to exit unexpectedly when accessing the velocity results from the Properties panel.