nTop 4.5 is here! This is a lighter release with block updates and bug fixes. Please scroll down to read more about them. As with every release, nTop’s dedicated support team is ready to answer your questions. Please visit support.ntop.com to gain access to helpful tutorials and support articles.
- We consolidated certain blocks into one block with multiple overloads. If you have been using the latest block versions for the changes listed below, our backward compatibility system will take care of this update. You do not need to make any manual changes to your notebook.
- The Mass Properties from Body and Mass Properties from Mesh blocks are now one block with two overloads, and we simplified the name to Mass Properties.
- The Surface Area from Body and Surface Area from Mesh blocks are now one block with three overloads, and we simplified the name to Surface Area.
- The Set Body Bounding Box and Set Field Bounding Box blocks are now one block with two overloads, and we simplified the name to Set Bounding Box.
- We moved the Mass Response, Center of Mass Response and the Moment of Inertia Response blocks for optimization to production version 1.0.0. You can find these blocks in the Optimization ribbon under the Responses section.
- We moved the Mesh Quality block to production version 1.0.0. The block calculates the mesh quality metrics such as orthogonality, skewness, and a composite mesh quality metric for FE Meshes, Volume Meshes, and Surface Meshes. You can also use it to identify intersecting elements in the input mesh. You can find this block in the Simulation ribbon under the Mesh section.
- We updated the Modal Analysis Result type to shift the location of the eigenfrequency list from the Conversions section to the Properties section. The resulting frequency values from the Modal Analysis Block are now available in the Properties panel under Properties > eigenfrequencies > List Elements
- We fixed an issue with the CAD Body from Implicit Body block that caused nTop to hang and become unresponsive if you canceled the block immediately after it started executing.
- We fixed an issue with the Perpendicular Distance block that caused it to output the wrong field for any vector other than <0, 0, 1>. Since the result was incorrect, we did not version the block. Version 1.0.0 now has this bug fix.
- We fixed an issue with the Abs block that caused the result to have a 0 bounding box.