nTop 4.8 is here! This release comes with usage improvements and bug fixes. Scroll down to read more about them. As with every release, nTop’s dedicated support team is ready to answer your questions. Please visit support.ntop.com to gain access to helpful tutorials and support articles.
- We’ve added YZ / XZ / XY default plane buttons to Section Cut & Field Viewer Panels.
- Normals of the default planes can be flipped by clicking the default plane button again or clicking the “Flip Normal” button in the Section Cut panel.
- We updated the Section Body Block to include an optional input for your part’s minimum feature size. Use this input when the Implicit Body has thin walls or small features that aren’t being captured in the Output Profile. Note: The new input only affects the visualization and the Polygon property of the output. The implicit body/field is unchanged.
The profile of a TPMS lattice with a wall thickness of 0.75 mm. The Profile output is incorrect, with many disconnected pieces.
Setting the new Min. feature size input to 0.25 mm yields a better result.
- We fixed an issue where editing a Custom Block directly in a file would cause nTop to unexpectedly exit.
- We fixed an issue where modifying inputs of a Custom Block in your MyBlocks folder and re-importing would cause nTop to unexpectedly exit.
- We fixed an issue where an error would prevent you from switching between overloaded Custom Blocks in your MyBlocks folder.
- We fixed an issue with the Export FE Mesh to CFD block generating a surface mesh with inverted face normals when exported in the *.msh file format.